- Perfection! This seed has achieved one or more perfect scores.
- Legendary Seed! This map has scored an astonishing 55+ out of 70 in the overall score.
- Golden! This map has scored higher than 50 out of 70 in the overall score.
- Premium! This map has scored higher than 40 out of 70 in the overall score.
- Rolling! Higher than 8 out of 10 in hills and mountains.
- Abyssal! Higher than 8 out of 10 in deep water.
- Spelunked! Higher than 8 out of 10 in caves.
- Anseled! Higher than 8 out of 10 in awesome features.
This seed has, in my opinion, generated such interesting features and provides such entertaining potential that it deserves recognition as a seed in the top 1% of all those I've reviewed.
- ++ Expert ++
- Suicidal Expert
I could not finish this seed fast enough. The second I saw this thing, I knew I had discovered something awesome. You could, theoretically walk through about 40% of this board and be like, "What? This thing is crap. It's all flat and boring." Keep walking! When you get to the southwest quadrant, that's when all hell is going to break loose. Craters, creepers, overhangs, multiple land bridges conjoining, pitfalls, and some things you've got to see to believe. If you're a beginner, load it up just to see it, but don't expect to survive. Experts: good luck. I was this close (you can't see it, but I'm indicating with narrow fingers) to rating this one suicidal. This board has so many landmarks that I couldn't write them all down on a single piece of paper and, indeed, if I've missed any, please add them in the comments below along with the coordinates.
How difficult is this level, you may be asking? Well I'll tell you. I played this thing first on creative wussy mode -- AND DIED when I took a header off the top of a mountain and fell from 128 to 64. Alright. Then I played it on normal and had my ass handed to me as, apparently, I may be a beginner. This board is epic.
I could choose any number of things that this board has that you'd have to see. However, one in particular was stunning. It wasn't the perfectly formed crater and it wasn't the mountain above the cloud line and it wasn't any of the floaters -- of which there are MANY! No. At 243.72.15, I found what I will refer to as the "Black Waterfall" -- a waterfall contained within a shortcut cave that is so narrow and dark that no light illuminates the water. It is without question unique, beautiful, and guarded by creepers in the dozens if you play anything other than creative. It is a must-see attraction.
Items of Interest
Warning: the following list contains spoiler locations for the major landmarks and items available in this seed. If you prefer to discover these things on your own, skip ahead to the bottom paragraph.
- [-396.67.78] coal
- [-356.82.216] quintuple waterfall
- [-359.65.313] gravel and floater
- [-400.68.298] lava fall and land bridge
- [-408.67.337] small clay deposit
- [-391.70.373] overhang
- [-396.83.337] hidi-hole and coal
- [-268.72.372] red flower patch
- [-259.65.320] red flower patch #2
- [-205.65.355] sugar
- [-25.65.346] sugar
- [211.76.349] waterfall and small cave
- [210.77.334] hidi-hole with hidden cave
- [217.78.332] large waterfall bursting out of cliff
- [205.69.312] waterfall
- [197.77.300] great shortcut cave behind waterfall
- [204.79.257] shortcut cave
- [251.81.298] land bridge
- [234.74.308] waterfall
- [254.65.332] wolves
- [396.74.272] small cliff diving experience
- [344.83.237] land bridge
- [380.71.172] epic coal cave
- [393.66.151] mushrooms and coal
- [381.67.115] complex of deep holes; watch where you walk
- [303.69.128] floater
- [322.69.102] flooded cave
- [321.70.64] medium cave, hidi-hole, coal, and hidden cave with underground waterfall
- [367.88.1] stone mountainside
- [393.85.12] overhang
- [339.83.-26] waterfall
- [287.72.-47] waterfall and coal
- [243.72.15] the black waterfall
- [238.66.50] massive land bridge
- [228.67.57] twin waterfalls
- [205.67.60] floater
- [196.72.94] land bridge
- [208.75.110] crazy flattop overhang; do not dig, only one block deep
- [230.65.109] iron deposit
- [239.65.87] waterfall and overhang
- [291.81.72] crevasse, hidi-hole
- [298.84.72] a perfectly formed crater, gorgeous
- [309.85.4] massive floater
- [344.92.-79] lava pit
- [336.72.-106] large land bridge
- [328.95.-157] massive ravine
- [253.124.-186] tall mountain above clouds; do not fall off this mountain!!!
- [55.65.189] clay
- [45.65.225] hidi-hole, coal, and cave
- [57.65.310] clay
- [-21.65.346] sugar
- [-122.65.284] medium cave
- [-369.65.312] gravel
- [-349.65.255] the Twin Towers: two waterfalls
- [-363.75.-143] cliff diving
- [-384.66.-179] shortcut cave and gravel
- [-170.65.-44] sugar
- [-59.64.24] medium cave
- [-25.63.-25] coal
- [62.65.-376] deep hole
- [304.71.-379] one lonely pumpkin: very sad
- [111.65.361] pumpkin patch
This is not even close to a complete list, by the way. There were cliff-side caves I couldn't get to and floaters I could barely see and couldn't get the coordinates for. The northwest quadrant has a desert of all things and there is a large amount of flat land for those who like to build large castles. There is truly something for everyone on this board.
There was no way I was doing this review with only two photos. You'll have to bear with me as I try to cover all of these shots.
So, working from top to bottom, this is a general shot of the southwest quadrant that shows two waterfalls converging and then running to the ocean. You can also see an overhang on the right covered in trees that houses some creepers.
Next is two massive floaters hovering above an already elevated hilltop. Deep in the background of this particular shot, you can see the tallest of the mountains.
Third is the double waterfall shot. There are no less than twenty waterfalls in this seed. The final large shot is a thick land bridge adjacent to a lava pit (left). Many skeletons live under here.
The final three shots are the smaller ones to the right. The first shows a variety of formations you're going to find here, including a heavy overhang that casts a deep shadow. Next is a waterfall that was near my spawn, unique in that there's a cave behind it. Finally, the last shot is a conflagration of several land bridges that leaves this massive area in perpetual nighttime.