- ++ Beginner ++
- Suicidal Expert
This level is half icy and half grassy, but there are enough trees, caves, and formations breaking up the monotony that I rate this seed acceptable for players of all skill levels -- including beginners. After I finished mapping out this level, my friend GVdaMan and I went back to the dead drop at 187.73.166 and jumped down the hole. After a little exploration, I was able to break through into a massive hidden cave complex full of gold, red stone, and other goodies.
So, my buddy GVisDaMan and I have been playing this level for a little bit and we took a little trip into the Nether to see what was up. Boy, were we in for a surprise. The Nether is entirely open, with lava on the floor as far as you can see. There are multiple lava falls and getting to the glowstone on the ceiling is a project and a half.
We spawned on a ledge on the side of a cliff surrounded by a drop to our death and a flowing river of lava that cut off our path. We had to build a bridge over the lava flow just to have a look around. Later on, I went back and dug through the cliff in the opposite direction and found some good flatland/soul sand on which to build a fort.
Items of Interest
Warning: the following list contains coordinates and descriptions of the majority of resources and other features in this seed. If you prefer to discover these things on your own, skip ahead to the final paragraph.
- [-24.89.102] coal in crevasse
- [-99.67.221] lava pit with water (obsidian)
- [-48.77.158] medium overhang over deep basin
- [-118.65.266] sugar
- [-114.67.317] zombie sound
- [-20.82.315] zombie shortcut cave
- [345.66.120] gravel
- [379.65.108] small lava fall, sugar, and coal
- [367.81.37] coal
- [390.96.-3] big cliff dive experience
- [400.69.-7] tall waterfall
- [395.68.-49] medium floater
- [364.72.-48] pumpkins
- [256.64.-55] hidden lava pit, instant obsidian
- [248.65.-66] other side of hidden lava pit, iron
- [320.68.-403] northeast corner, landmark: "The Tortoise and the Hare"
- [210.69.-328] hidi-hole with iron and coal
- [44.66.-334] small flat beach
- [-28.79.-352] small floater
- [-63.87.-232] high cliff dive experience
- [-201.65.-202] overhang and cave
- [-235.68.-362] pitfall
- [-358.69.-220] large overhang over water
- [-326.65.-211] sugar
- [-330.76.99] medium lava cave with coal
- [-338.73.126] medium cave and nearby stout spire
- [-354.71.224] deep cave
- [-232.65.268] medium lava pit
- [-215.65.228] medium lava pit near water (obsidian)
- [-170.64.97] deep hole
- [156.73.-156] small waterfall, coal, and medium cave
- [157.66.-120] medium hole
- [177.65.23] dig down for hidden cave
- [187.73.166] deep dead drop hole; descend to Y=52, mega coal, medium iron, dig west and down for more goodies
- [168.39.177] underground tunnel, gold, coal
- [138.13.152] a cavern full of gold
- [149.20.124] iron and a lava fall
You know, most levels have very few landmarks that you can identify just by looking at them. This, however, is a landmark formation I call, "The Tortoise and the Hare". If you stare at it long enough, it makes sense. At right, this is a medium floater hanging out just past a large cliff.
There are two photos of the Nether. The first is a view looking southwest from the ledge that we got spawned onto. Digging through the side wall will take you to a nice flat area for a fort. The second image is a shot from that flat area of a nearby lava fall.